Introduction to GENE
Online Lessons and Curricula
- Educator Resources from Team Nutrition
- WE Garden Garden-Based Learning lessons from California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom
- Kids Cook Farm Fresh Food Seasonal recipes, activities & farm profiles that teach ecological responsibility.
- Nutrition to Grow On An innovative curriculum for grades four through six that offers teachers a direct link between the garden and nutrition education
- Life Lab's School Garden Resources Page
- California School Garden Network's Online Lesson Database
- California Healthy Kids Resource Center Resource Lending Library
Veggies? is a garden-based nutrition education curriculum created with the
goal of getting children to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. It features
seven full lesson plans, a series of shorter garden-based activities, fun
recipes and helpful tips for cooking and eating in the garden.
- Food Day Curriculum Through
these lessons, students will become informed consumers by learning to
follow healthy eating goals and find "real food".
- Harvesting HEALTH is a compilation of lessons and resources that foster nutrition education through gardening concepts highlighting seasonal produce.
Network for a Healthy California Resources – before, during, and after school
Content Standards and GENE
Language Arts Connections - Young Reader Literature Lists that connect to gardening, nutrition and agriculture.
Three Sisters (Corn, Beans and Squash Traditional Planting) Resources
Incredible Edible Six Plant Parts
Classroom Cooking Tips and Procedures
Eating the Colors of the Rainbow - The Nutritional Benefits of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
More Resources for What’s In It for Us Lesson
Taste Testing Forms and Resources for Evaluating Recipes
More Nutrition Connections